onsdag den 30. oktober 2013

My media use.

My purpose with this blog entry is to describe thickly my interaction on social media.
My research was centered and focused from 23th of October – 25th of October. In total 48 hours. Everytime I used social media I wrote it down on a word document. I wrote down the date, time, which app or webside and my purpose. I used my iPhone 4 and my Asus computer. I was focused on tree social media: Facebook, Snapchat and instagram. To be honest I use several others social media applications and services, for an example; bloglovin’, Trendsales, spotify and so on.  But to do it simple and more uncluttered I simply chose to only focus on my most used social media applications.
I found out that I am online 24 hours a day. Simply, because I can. When people was trying to reach me, trough ex. Facebook I saw their messages right away. Sometimes I choose to respond a couple of hours later than I received the message, and sometimes I responded right away – because I could.  That was the most interesting about my tracking plan, that I actually was online all the time every day. Even when I woke up in the middle of the night, I had received snaps or facebookmessages – read them right away, but sometimes chose to respond in the morning.
That brings me to the next step: I was good at sorting in my facebook messages, snapchats and likes on insta. If it was important I responded, or if I was bored I responded. If I was busy I waited till I had the time to respond, and if people approached again on one of the tree social medias I chose again to respond when I had the time.

I was not trying to be rude, but if I was busy it was more important for me to respond later. I was almost always responding, but when I felt like it made sense for me. It makes sense to conclude that for me facebook messages, likes on instagram and snaps from my friends is not the same as a “hej” when meeting a friend IRL. I noticed that ofcourse I was responding the “hej” right away – because it made sense for me at the time. It was not making any sense to keep on being busy, and not respond to the “hej” that would just made the situation awkward(!!). The situation was not awkward when I was waiting to respond. That was at least my believe. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar